The mission of the H.O.P.E. organization is to share resources to provide life necessities and assistance to the underserved to make ours a community enriched.
Ours will be a community enriched, where learning and opportunity abound, everyone’s potential and basic needs are met, and no one feels alone.
History and Existing Services of H.O.P.E., Inc.
HOPE (Helping Other Pursue Enrichment), Inc., a 501 C 3 non-profit organization, serves as a clearing house for churches and agencies in Cherokee County. Originally formed in 1991 through the efforts of the Jacksonville Ministerial Alliance, HOPE not only answers the unmet needs of the economically disadvantaged, but also eliminates duplication.
The Raymond and Eloise Teague Center of HOPE is located at 595 S Ragsdale Street, Jacksonville Texas.
The "one-stop" for social services provides the following programs:
- Case management, information and referral to human resource services in Cherokee County
- Assistance with application for disability benefits
- Aide with emergency prescription needs
- Help with pharmaceutical companies' patient assistance programs
- HOPE'S Community Kitchen for the hungry
- Fire victim assistance
- Transportation to medical related appointments
- A Manna Pantry for emergency food assistance
- "Brown Bag"program, volunteers deliver food to elderly people the last week of the month
- Back Pack program to provide nutritional meals for elementary children during the weekend.
HOPE continues to develop programs by collaborating with other groups and agencies to meet the unmet needs of our community.
HOPE offers a comprehensive approach to social service to meet the needs of our clients.